Make sure you read this Grantland piece. Although it's not what the writer came for, he does offer an entertaining first-person account of the way the new Browns operate. It's worth it for the character descriptions alone:
- CEO Joe Banner: "a little more sarcastic than necessary. But you can just tell he's hypercompetent."
- GM Mike Lombardi: "a detail freak and a polymath, or at least a person successfully attempting to impersonate one"
- Asst. GM Ray Farmer: "the equilibrium (he rarely speaks first but provides the most balanced insights)"
- President Alec Scheiner: "a very nice guy and a nuanced sports thinker, but his level of caution is profound"
- Head Coach Rob Chudzinski: "a jovial, cherubic man who doesn't say anything revealing or divisive"
- The generic Browns fan: "He will tell you that he'll always root for the Browns, under any circumstances, no matter what happens, forever. And then he will proceed to tell you how much the Browns suck."
- Owner Jimmy Haslam III: "at exactly 5:30, the owner of the Cleveland Browns steps into the war room and I am immediately kicked out."