It's free to view, download, copy, and share. Though I backslid a little in recent weeks, it is now current, and I plan to keep it that way. That way, I (and you) can unearth facts like these:
- Fourteen Browns are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents after the coming season, including Joe Haden, Jordan Cameron, Jabaal Sheard, Brian Hoyer, Buster Skrine, and Phil Taylor. If Alex Mack ends up signing his one-year deal under the transition tag, that would make 15.
- The Browns currently have 70 players under contract, plus Mack. They have ten draft picks next month, and the roster maximum is 90, so there will still be plenty of room for free agents, be they undrafted rookies or veterans still looking for teams.
- Only four Browns have reached their 30th birthday. Three of them are 2014 free agent acquisitions, and the fourth is kicker Billy Cundiff, the team's oldest player.
- The average Brown today is 13 days shy of 26 years old. The median age is 25 years, 2 months, and 27 days, as represented by Josh Cooper (half of the roster is older than him, half younger).
- The average listed weight is 239 pounds. By contrast, the original Browns team in 1946 had only two heavier than that.
- Seven Browns are listed at 5-foot-9 or shorter (compared to only one of the 36 members of the '46 Browns).
- 34 of the 71 Browns on today's roster were undrafted. Eleven more were 6th- or 7th-rounders.
- When I started this spreadsheet last May, four Browns attended Maryland, most of any university. They're all gone.
- It looks like this is the first time ever that two former Toledo Rockets occupy Browns roster spots (John Greco and Andrew Hawkins).